Pages

Thursday 19 April 2012

god dust

Nothing is impossible with God. (Luke 1:37)
we get our new house in a week and our current home has not sold. anxiety is gripping my heart when i let myself think about these facts. but there's another fact that i need to keep in mind: nothing is impossible with god.

god doesn't say he will fix it, or get our house to sell, but he does say that nothing is hopeless with him on your side. so even if the house doesn't sell in time, or our budget is stretched to its breaking point, we will be provided for.

i usually look at this verse and think god will sprinkle 'god dust' and make magic. but today, as i meditate on this, i am seeing it differently. instead of making things into what i see as ideal, god is promising to make what seems unworkable into something that works. he's given us the tools to scale this mountain, and will be there with us every step of the way. he makes it possible for me to do what i thought was impossible.

what are you seeing as an impossibility?

<source>




4 comments:

  1. I like what you said that "God will be with us no matter what", His presence often calms the anxieties like what you describe and that I also experience..... or to say it another way, the "God dust" to me is His presence.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your thoughts, sam! i like what you said about god dust being his presence....something to ponder!

      Delete
  2. I often wish God would sprinkle some dust and take away the hurt of my dad passing away. But have realized it doesn't work that way. God is finding ways to try to speak to me about this although I don't think I am always open to the message. My impossibility is feeling peace instead of pain when I think about my dad. It gets better...but there are still times when it feels like my heart has been ripped out again. Its in these times that I have started just talking to god, asking him to send me a message from him or my dad. I want to feel gods presence..receive a message. I am sure they are being sent but I must learn to recognize. Sorry perhaps off topic...its just what came to my mind when I read it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can appreciate the pain you are feeling about your dad. god uses time to get us to the point of feeling peace, but it takes a while. it's ok to be sad and grieve, allow yourself that. i'll be praying that you see the message that god is giving you.
      sending much love your way.

      Delete