Pages

Sunday 1 April 2012

casting my cares

Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? (Matthew 6:27)
there's been lots of worry happening in this old head of mine lately. the wheels keep spinning and spinning and before you know it i'm down in the depths of my negative vortex. what if it doesn't work out. what if we can't afford to live. what if something bad happens.

when my anxiety reaches a fever pitch, i usually try and do something constructive, which has been gardening thanks to the lovely weather lately. the last time i was digging in the dirt, taking some agression out on some poor, unsuspecting weeds, a song from my childhood popped into my head...
i cast all my cares upon you, i lay all of my burdens down at your feet....

it is difficult to let the lord shoulder your burdens, but does want us to trust him and hand them over. it feels like i can gain some control over the events of life when i worry, but that's simply not the case. i've haven't been good at letting go of control, but when i get there and finally lay those cares at his feet, he has never failed to reward my trust in him. giving it to god can only lessen my stress, increase my peace and make the next few months happy ones, rather than anxiety-filled.

are you a worrier? what things do you have a hard time letting god shoulder?
<source>

No comments:

Post a Comment