Pages

Wednesday 11 April 2012

bread day


Do not worry. Learn to pray about everything. Give thanks to God as you ask Him for what you need. (Philippians 4:6)
i thought of this verse today as i was making bread, kneading the ingredients that come together to create something nourishing. you see, god's been working on me. he's been kneading me like a ball of dough, adding a pinch of this and a peck of that to create something new from something that was already there. he's been teaching me and testing me, asking me if i really trust him. i'm not always proud of the answer.

over the past few weeks, i keep hearing this message: don't worry, pray. everywhere i turn, there's a reminder. i'm slowly making headway, tearing down my fears and insecurities, giving over the reigns to all the things that seem to be out of control in my life. my job, raising a son, selling our house. but god is faithful, he plants the seed, tends the garden and waits.

it's hard. i like to be in control. worry takes over my heart and paralyzes me, if i let it. but the lessons have been working, i've been learning to pray when i worry. it's not always instantaneous, but the more i pray, and talk it out with god, the less my anxiety holds me captive. i can breathe again. i can see the sun peeking out of the clouds. life is good.

<source>


2 comments:

  1. me again..

    don't worry "pray" ...I like that..but its hard. I don't always know what to say when I "pray". This is the hardest part for me. I talk to god but it often feels like rambling. You see having God a regular part of my life is fairly new to me. I have always believed in something but recently went on a journey that brought me to god. Anyways, sorry for the long comment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Lisa-
      love the comments! keep em' coming! :)
      i know what you mean about rambling prayers -- the important thing is to talk to god-- for me, having a little ramble feels more like what i am thinking and less like what i think i should say, which is always a good thing. :)
      look forward to reading another comment! :)

      Delete