Pages

Wednesday 25 April 2012

cloudy with a chance of sunshine


Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow…Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. (Matthew 6:28-30)
it's official - i'm to be surplus from my job. i knew it was coming, but reading the official documentation makes it more real. i did what i usually do when my heart hurts - i went to my garden for a good cry.

as i sadly sat on my step, the sun shone on me, warming me. it felt like a hug. i thought about this verse as i looked around at the budding flowers. i heard the birds singing to me, a great chorus of optimism. the wind rustled the leaves and it sounded like a message - i have good things in store for you.

sometimes, we need to let out our sadness, and allow god to comfort us. we don't always have to be happy, or fight away our tears.

so if you are blue today, go sit in the sunshine and feel his warmth radiating, telling you it's all going to turn out ok.
<source>

2 comments:

  1. I love that you see the silver lining in the clouds...in fact you have seen right through the silver lining to the sunshine. Thats beautiful! You are correct...we do need to out our sadness...something I am not great at..I tend to take it out in anger at those closest to me...of course that usually ends up being my husband. In fact just before I read this I snapped his head off for no really good reason except that I have been feeling sad the effects of stress in my life. Then I read this and you remind me to look at all the sunshine in my life. We are on a path and sometimes it doesn't go where we expect. I have all the faith that god has a great plan in store for you...thanks for bringing me back to the present..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your kind words - and your candid comments - it's reassuring to know that we are in this together!

      Delete