Pages

Tuesday 17 April 2012

focus in


Be still, and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10)
life is busy. there's always another call to make, email to write, job to do. even as i am writing this, my to do list is scrolling through my head. i have a hard time unplugging. it's so easy to be distracted from our important relationships.

we need to take time and be still with those we love. this is is a challenge for me. to let the dishes sit for a while and play with my son or get offline and spend time with my husband. it seems that in my life, the people i care about the most get the least amount of my attention. but in the quiet, in the slowness, that's where our roots are formed and our relationships flourish.

the same goes for our relationship with god. he works in the quiet, away from the busy. and just like my other relationships i find that i get sidetracked and distracted from just waiting on him.

i need to take the time to focus on these relationships and grow them with purpose and love. take the time to really listen, to slow down and savour our moments together, to know that we are in this together.

how do you 'do' stillness? what is taking your attention?

<source>



2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, this is a challenge for me as well. Thanks for the reminder to quiet and focus.
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete