Pages

Thursday 10 May 2012

team spirit


Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.  Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
since i started this blog, we have gone through lots of changes. moving, work responsibilities, ending my maternity leave, and starting daycare, to name a few. with all that change has come a large amount of fear. fear of failure, the unknown, rejection. but through it all, i feel like the lord has been teaching me to trust. and in a few short months, after continuous reminders to myself, it's working. i'm more trusting and better at asking for help. not just with god, but in my close relationships too.

we don't have to do it all and we sure don't have to do it alone, we are built to live in community with others and help one another. this has been a hard lesson to learn. i like to do things independently and prove that i am enough. but the farther down this journey i get, the more i am realizing, i don't have to. i have god on my team.

<source>

3 comments:

  1. You are so right, you are not alone. Sometimes I put heavy expectations on myself.....more than others do but we are all on this path together. I am thankful for so many caring people in my life, like you. I consider it a privilege to share this time on earth with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very true, it can be hard to ask for help. I struggle in this department. I usually wait until I am overloaded before I make that request. I like to do things myself and have pride in that but learning to be thankful for the many great people in my life who have got me through some tough times. Many thanks to God for being patient with my rants and babbling. As you say you are never alone when God is on our team and I think sometimes God sends interesting team members into our lifes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missing your blog, hope to read more of your thoughts soon.

    ReplyDelete