Pages

Monday 21 May 2012

love everlasting


This is my command—be strong and courageous!  Do not be afraid or discouraged.  For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9)
i am feeling a little shaky - my year long maternity leave is over as of 8:05 a.m. tomorrow morning. not that i am counting the seconds or anything. i am filled with a barrage of emotions - fear of failure, excitement of what's to come, sadness to leave my son with someone else. i'm sad and happy and missing him already.

tomorrow i am going to approach the day with one task, to be strong and courageous. to let the strength of the lord embrace me as i stumble down this new path of 'working mom'. the lord has good things in store for me, he's whispered it through the trees to me, he's reminded me of it daily. but even though i know this, i am feeling sad and shaken as i look out towards the future.

inevitably, starting will make me feel more at peace, but for tonight i will meditate on this. god is good. he loves me. he's rooting for me. the strings i feel tugging away as my son and i are separated are the same that he feels towards me. he holds me in his heart when he can't hold my hand, just as i do with my son.

<source>

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear Mama Bear your little son is so fortunate to have you as his mama. Speaking from experience, it is always hard to step through the next doorway of separation, but he will always be your little boy and need you . Your comparison with God's love for us and His encouragement were beautifully put. Thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be thinking of you and praying for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. been missing your posts...glad to see a new post. been enjoying journeying with you.
    all that you are feeling about entering the world of a working mom is perfectly normal. I remember the mixed feelings all too well. Take comfort in knowing many have traveled the same path and felt the same emotions. Remember you do have gods strength but also remember to allow urself to feel the emotions even if that is a bit of sadness. You can also feel a bit of joy without guilt...Your son will be fine..they are so strong and I have no doubt that he knows you love him..

    ReplyDelete